Friday, September 11, 2009

Found during inspection for real estate transaction......

I did not do this inspection or take this photo. This photo was passed on to me from another radon professional. Can anyone see what is wrong in this photo?

The bad news is this.... These systems were installed by a certified radon mitigator. My first comment upon seeing the photo was "What was this guy thinking?" "He should know better than that." Then a thought of how this guy would give all mitigators a bad name. You can not say enough about experience. The mitigator is fairly new to the field and has not acquired the knowledge yet to install systems properly. You should check the experience on any company/contractor that works at your home. Problem with the above system is that it has condensation traps and will collect large sums of water in the ducting. Causing mold, mildew and premature wear on the blower motor.

2 comments:

  1. Were the fans full of water yet? I imagine the the breaker will trip when the water gets above the motor in the fans. Live and learn....

    www.indoor-air-health-advisor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, I did not do the inspection so I can not say if fans had water in them yet.

    ReplyDelete